The NALC Youth and Family Ministry has begun a new event series to provide resources to pastors, Christian education directors, youth leaders, Sunday school teachers and anyone who works with children and youth in North America. Teresa Peters, Director of Youth and Family Ministry, works with churches around the country to host Faith Formation Festivals, teaching leaders how to navigate youth and family ministry in their congregations. This event will take place August 8-9 during Lutheran Week in Oklahoma City.
Each event hosts a panel of speakers that cover topics such as tackling best practices for youth and family ministry, how to have honest conversations with teens about hard topics, commissioned living, and more!
During the first part of this two-day event, speakers covering various topics include:
- The Rev. Teresa Peters (NALC Director of Youth and Family Ministry): Update on Youth and Family Ministry in the NALC
- Heather Ruesch (Author, Founder and Speaker of The You Matter Tour™ and executive director of L3 Resources): Sexuality Mentality
- The Rev. Jeff Milsten (Lutheran Pastor in the NALC and the LCMC): God Matters Today (Workshop)
- Emily A. (Discipleship & Mobilization; World Mission Prayer League): Commissioned Living
During the second part of this two-day event, speakers covering various topics include:
- Melanie Corn (Christian Education Director at St. Peter Lutheran Church and Youth and Family Ministry Specialist for the NALC): Solid Rock Program
- Wondmagegn Udessa Bidire (Children and Youth Ministry director for the Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus, spiritual radio program producer, Gospel preacher and teacher, and youth leadership trainer): Children and Ministry in Ethiopia